Introducing gouramis

RexPongo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Tampa,fl
So I have a 6" rtgg, he's a little aggressive but not overly aggressive.
I also have a 4" albino gg and a 4" reg gg, they are all in different tanks, and I know they will be much less aggresive when they are bigger but what if I have three gouramis in one tank?
I know two, the weaker one gets chased, what would happen with one bigger and two smaller, would the bigger one just non stop chase the others? Thank you

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
How big is the tank? I have a 17 inch rtgg and he currently shares his tank with 7 bichirs. He initially had a green terror he was housed with and they would fight all the time, but when the GT lost he was fast enough to get away and hide behind some driftwood the gourami couldnt fit behind. I have not mixed gouramis, but i imagine it would play out like mixing cichlids. the losers have to be able to retreat.

RexPongo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Tampa,fl
Sounds reasonable, they're all in grow out tanks but I have a 210 and I just ordered a 850g pool that' im going to make a indoor pond, but it's kinda hard making retreats for Giants lol

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
They will NOT be more peaceful as they grow - They will get more diabolical. (Most do.)
If you mix them, you could luck out, OR end up with only one. (Likely.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store