Eheim Jebo 250 watt heater

mr limpet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2009
New York
Just bought 2 of these Ehein heaters for my 90 gallon tank.I know it's overkill,but the room tank is in gets very cold with this New York weather.I keep them in a vertical position on either side of the tank(they are very long).I have read that when you do water changes these heaters will be just fine even when they are sticking out of the water.I hope the are because I just did a water change and a good portion of these heaters were sticking out of the water.Anyone know this to be true?They seem to be working just fine still.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
I do this with my jager heaters. I've never had a problem. Not sure what the issue would be.

LinhOC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2015
HB
Yes, that should be fine, the heater designed if it out the water completely then it automatic shut off, but part of the heater out of the water the heater still on.

mr limpet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2009
New York
Ok,so you're saying it's perfectly fine for the heater to be halfway out of the water during water changes?It won't break the glass tube on the heater?I know in the instructions for the heater it says it turns itself off if it runs dry,but when I did a water change yesterday the heater was about1/4 out of the water and the indicating light on the heater was still on.Just want to make sure the heater doesn't break.

LinhOC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2015
HB
No, it won't break, I have a case of this heater and love it.

DSC00263.JPG

DSC00262.JPG

mr limpet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2009
New York
Ok thanks.The packaging my heater came in was different than in your picture.But maybe in different geographic areas they sell them that way.

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
I have had heaters stick on before during water changes and they get hot enough to melt the material that they are sealed with, not to mention the plastic clips that hang them. I would switch them off to be safe, but thats just me... I have had some bad experiences with heaters.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LinhOC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2015
HB
no, the bottom pix is case box, it have 6 heater of 300w in it

soul_assassin

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2009
Mississauga
I have an eheim jager, (dont know of any eheim jabos), and it's suppose to be a "true temp" and shut off if dry like you state. I still dont trust it like that though. I just take it off the bracket and lay it on the side in the tank without turning it off, works well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store