Coolest fish for 100gal freshwater tank?

Escaping

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Toronto
Sadly my Tiger Oscar kicked the bucket a few months ago :( ...so after about 15 years of Oscar and Pleco ownership, I'd like to go with something different and not sure what to do. I'd like to go with something cleaner and tidier this time (Oscar would just knock everything over and poop everywhere lol) so hoping people have some ideas for something that's small, clean and exotic looking?
I'm not opposed to trying my hand at a saltwater tank but I have no experience with them and not sure how much time and money is involved? My fish have a tendency to live forever so I don't have experience with a lot of varieties or setups.
Thanks!

Escaping

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Toronto
A community would be fine :)
Right now the tank is completely empty (even the bulbs broke unfortunately) so I'm pretty much starting from scratch and open to all suggestions.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
cichlid wise could do a midas alone or a flowerhorn, maybe a red texas? south american dwarf species tank like apistogramma and keyholes and various cory cats and small cats like bumblebee and gold nugget plecs would be cool...

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
lol and get 2ft!? bad choice...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store