Egg Crate divider for bowfront

muskieboy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I picked up some egg crate to divide my 72 gallon. Has anyone ever done this with a bowfront? I would prefer not to have it in the middle but otherwise I'm not sure how to fix it in position. Would sticking it in the sand be enough?

Any thoughts?

Fresharo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
Colorado
I use it to split a 46 bowfront, you can order divider suction cups off ebay to hold t in place, if it's really small fish and you're afraid of foshing getting through they sell this sheet at Hobby lobby that is made of plastic with a bunch of tiny holes in it. Cut two 3" strips and zip tie it to the egg crate. Then push it into place and the plastic hole sheet bends to cover the front and back gaps

muskieboy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I use it to split a 46 bowfront, you can order divider suction cups off ebay to hold t in place, if it's really small fish and you're afraid of foshing getting through they sell this sheet at Hobby lobby that is made of plastic with a bunch of tiny holes in it. Cut two 3" strips and zip tie it to the egg crate. Then push it into place and the plastic hole sheet bends to cover the front and back gaps
Thanks, just ordered some.

Fresharo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
Colorado
I can't find the link but just go on ebay, type in aquarium divider suction cups. You'll have to use a screwdriver and pry the suction cups wider so that you can put it on the eggccrate. Then I suggest you ziptie one on top and one on the bottom of the suction cup to the egg crate so it doesn't come off when you slide it back and forth. Trust me it get annoying when they disconnect from the egg crate when moving the divider.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store