can i comm catfish with ray?

anothermix

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2014
Singapore
Hi, im looking for a bottom dweller to pick up leftovers.

Am i able to comm a juru catfish with my bd x leo rays?

I know rtcs are a no go as they are too aggressive and plecos might latch on to my rays.

anothermix

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2014
Singapore
giraffes get rather big don't they? im looking for a catfish with fairly slow growth rate. so my two choices im looking at are the juru and tig.

anyone has experience keeping tig with rays? will that be good choice?

REDTAIL1928

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
I have a tig with my rays and he grabs whatever they miss. The trick is to get a youngster and get him eating similar goods as the rays do, so he will be actively looking for food too and not just waiting for something else. But the reason they are great for rays is due to their lack of serious aggressive eating habits that RTC or achara cats have. They are vacumn cleaners and will leave the rays starving and will die off eventually. Trust me, I know from experience. Anyways, get urself a catfish that actually gains value as it grows not loose it like a RTC. IMHO I believe most of those cats shouldn't even be imported, period!!
Good luck!!

Sent from my SGH-M819N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

anothermix

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2014
Singapore
I have a tig with my Rays too and he don't pick up leftovers ithier seems my Rays do most of that lol
haha! well im actually bringing food directly to my rays with a net, trained to take food from the net. so they are first to eat.

I have a tig with my rays... but neither of those cats will "pick up left overs" and my tig went from 4 inches to 15 in a year
wow.. 4-15" in a year! u must be pumping it with lots of food! haha

I have a tig with my rays and he grabs whatever they miss. The trick is to get a youngster and get him eating similar goods as the rays do, so he will be actively looking for food too and not just waiting for something else. But the reason they are great for rays is due to their lack of serious aggressive eating habits that RTC or achara cats have. They are vacumn cleaners and will leave the rays starving and will die off eventually. Trust me, I know from experience. Anyways, get urself a catfish that actually gains value as it grows not loose it like a RTC. IMHO I believe most of those cats shouldn't even be imported, period!!
Good luck!!

Sent from my SGH-M819N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I agree with u. that's why the rtc and tsn are out of my list. just looking at either tig or juru.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I have had great luck with Megalodoras uranoscopus. They don't really come out much but do a good job of cleaning up after lights out. Don't grow real fast, get real huge, don't bite the rays and the ray don't typically enjoy chewing on them...... I use them in all my ray tanks and have for many years.... :)

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
How big are the rays ? I have never have any leftover issue LOL. In my experience, when the rays get large, they can get violent. I have lost 2-3 18-24" tigs to larger rays. The only thing that survive in 10 years plus is my 24" megaladoras irwini...DB junkie is right, they dont get too crazy on chewing on the hard spiky skin

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store