Citron Reticulated Python

Oxydoras

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
West Coast
I know that many of us die hard fish keepers also have a vested interest in other aspects of the greater "animal hobby", and I am no exception. In all honesty, I've been keeping various invertebrates, reptiles and amphibians longer than I have fish!

I figured some of you guys and gals would like to see my most recent addition to the family. It is a male Citron retic, captive bred and born by Jay Brewer at Prehistoric Pets. He is an absolute stunner with amazing contrast! I can't wait to watch this little guy grow into a lovable 15'+ benevolent ambassador to the hobby.

Meet Kaa (Jungle Book, anyone?!)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
Nice Retic! Hope Ivan chimes in. he got some monsters aswell. Seen those crazy huge monsters in person. I never paid to visit the otherside of Prehistoric pets xD.

I really like pattern and coloration!

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Beautiful citron! I just bought my gf a female citron for Xmas. You have any other retic's and what are your future plans? I'm assuming you want to breed because citrons are extremely hard to tell from normals.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
Good looking boy you got there. Waiting till my wife will let me get a retic. Currently only got a normal ball python and Brazilian rainbow boa.

Oxydoras

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
West Coast
Beautiful citron! I just bought my gf a female citron for Xmas. You have any other retic's and what are your future plans? I'm assuming you want to breed because citrons are extremely hard to tell from normals.
This is my first and only retic. I'm pretty content at this point with just one massive snake! I may get a female at some point, but space is currently at a premium. He is currently living in a Iris CB-70 tub, but as soon as he outgrows it, will be getting a Vision model# V632 as his forever home.

Its funny you mention how similar citrons (the visual het for the titanium gene, for all you retic noobs out there) look to the standard wild morph, as that's precisely why I got him! I'm generally not a big fan of all the various paint jobs, and think a wild type retic is one of the most stunningly colored/patterned herps there is. As a fan of the wild look, I went with a citron as they are, in essence, a pristine example of what a perfect wild specimen would look like. None of the colors or patterns have been muddled with, it just gives them very sharp contrast. A "text book" example, if you will.

I specifically chose my individual (out of several) due to his strong, well defined patterning. In my humble opinion, this is what every retic wishes it could look like ;)

Oxydoras

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
West Coast
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oxydoras

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
West Coast
No idea why my phone is uploading the pics sideways...

Joao M

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2010
Portugal
Don´t worry about that
We can see thm perfectly and that retic deserves all the pics you post (even sideways)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store