Platinum delhezi

Lrry93

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2007
I get around
Since I've been showing local finds I thought I would share this little guy. He is around 7" and they have had him for several months. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I am somewhat in shock. First of all that an LFS has it, and second of all I am wondering where they got it from (supplier wise). It doesn't appear to be WTT because it's retained the white for a couple months. You are very lucky to have an LFS that can get this kind of stuff in. TBH that may actually be a good deal. I remember there being a thread somewhere on how there is only 1 other platinum delhezi in the U.S. (however I'm not sure where it is, or how long ago it was).

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just curious but how can one be certain that the fish is a Delhezi as opposed to another species?

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
I am somewhat in shock. First of all that an LFS has it, and second of all I am wondering where they got it from (supplier wise). It doesn't appear to be WTT because it's retained the white for a couple months. You are very lucky to have an LFS that can get this kind of stuff in. TBH that may actually be a good deal. I remember there being a thread somewhere on how there is only 1 other platinum delhezi in the U.S. (however I'm not sure where it is, or how long ago it was).
Not rare as they used to be..... but definitely only a hand full here in the US.... Japan and China are willing to pay asking price so that's where they all go. Definitely much rarer than platinum endlis. I have two. Very cool bichirs. Op can you post more (better) pics?

Lrry93

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2007
I get around
I will try to get you some better pics next time I go. This guy is either buried in the sand or going 100mph when I am there. He is very hard to get pics of with a phone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store