fish room work in progress

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Hopefully in the next month my fish room will be done. There is a fair amount of work to get me there. The door to the basement will be widened from 30 inches to 32. A wall from the stairs will be made removable. A partial load bearing beam next to the stairs will be moved so my large tanks can make it down. The fish room will be 14.5 x 24 ft. A wall needs to be put up with a 36 inch door to close off the room. Some more insulation needs to be placed and new walls put up and ceiling redone for the moisture. Behind the to be fish room is the furnace room that has a slop sink. The wall there needs to be insulated and redone with a door placed. A plumber needs to add a third zone to the furnace to heat the room (pretty sure I am going to do this) and run a drain into the room. I will try to post my progress here. Please feel free to add comments and suggestions. here is a video (if I get it right)

[video=youtube;yKAN2Z_Bbm4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAN2Z_Bbm4[/video]

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Congrats again on the house! Now get the construction done and we can do the next NJ Mfk "meet" to carry in your tanks...lol
What is the plan tank wise? do you own them all already?
Thanks Jay. A lot of the room has been torn down. I accidentally deleted the video so I only have one picture.
will get a new video Sunday

going to use palate racks to hold the tanks but not sure on orientation. will have to figure that out before i run the line for air and drip. Also going to need to figure out what will be best for the sumps with the drip to drain.

great question tank wise. Not exactly sure what I have. Running now are the 2 20H, 75, 10, 26, 29, 20L, 2 55G and 90. In storage is the 8ft 180, 2 250g, 125g, 72g, 55g and several smaller tanks. I will need several more six foot tanks and I could use one 3 ft by 5-6ft tank. Eventually I will get something bigger for the leichardtis. So far things are moving along.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
calm down everyone. here are some more updates
[video=youtube;qvh7SIOBN7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvh7SIOBN7M[/video]

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Subscribed

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
thanks Egon

Charney- You should use one of those floor plan programs to see how the tanks will fit
not a bad idea. Know any programs? I have some ideas on how I am going to work the tanks.

towards the end of the video where there is a slight opening in the wall they are working on the door. That wall will be insulated. The slop sink is in that room. There will also be a trap run into the fish room. Early next week the greenboard sheetrock and plastic lining should be installed. Though they might take time to work on the rest of the house next week. The fiance and I are in disagreement on what needs to be finished first!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Looking good so far.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store