Please join me in AA... (Aquarium Anonymous)---You know you're in trouble when....

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
Hello,

My name is Nos, and I have a filter problem. Sometimes I find myslef buying filters (Canisters/HOB's/Sponge filters/HOB Protein skimmers for Reef tank/ and modding parts-pieces of PVC) for no reason other than I like to, test out different ideas. I think I owe this to my mechanical aptitude, and "need" to tinker.

I Hardly EVER NEED a new filter, i just like the feeling of accomplishment I get when I try a new one or mod one to be unlike anyone elses, and make servicing easier. I've been on a cannister filter rant as of late, bought 2 Aquatop 304b's, 1 SunSun 404B, and a FX6 to join my FX5. I dont even have all of my tanks yet from the move to put them on(still in storage). Even if i did, I dont need the ones i just bought, as there are plenty in my houshold goods shippment for my tanks.

Basically, I'm sick and I know it.... please help me get my 90day "chit" for not buying any more filters on sale (DAM YOU INTERNET RETAILERS/BIG Al's, etc...) :ROFL:

Sad but true...:drool:

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
Guess this was'nt as funny as i thought it would be.... :confused:

Just making a joke about myself guys(although true), come on, don't tell me noone else has a funny/weird addiction in the hobby.....

Oh yea, I'm also OCD about my heater being straight in the tank. Has to be perfectly vertical, and my RD makes sure I have to adjust it every day...DAMMNITT!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Moderator, please feel free to delete topic at your leisure....
LMAO!....they might move it if anything...Have you ever repaired your filters or tried to improve on them?

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
(everyone in the circle)"Hi Nos. Welcome to the group; it took a lot of courage for you to come out and share your story."

Reactions: jaws7777

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Dammit....

It HAD been 2 years and 1 month, but just forthe hell of wanting to play with something new...I Just bought an FX4 and replaced the 404B on the 75

I'm backsliding..HELP! :-(
You are not alone......
20160826_111740.jpg

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
Thank you Krichardson, I KNEW I couldn't be the ONLY ONE that likes to experiment, and buy stuff later to wonder...WHY...WHY WHY WHY....LOL

Also, I think I may have "fibbed" accidentally. I DID buy a Odyssea CFS700 to experiment with back around Jun 1st, 2016, and also bought a CFS14i at the same time(they were both together cheaper than what I paid for the FX4 obviously).

I set up and used / tinkered with the CFS700 on a grow out (Amph's) 65Tall for about 8 months, and finally shut it down, and sold the Amph's last month. After all the mods the CFS700, it never leaked, but I was also VERY CAREFUL and only opened it once in that 8 months. I just had it CHOCK FULL of Potscubbers. Flow rate never dropped and probably would have run easily 1-1/2 year without cleaning if I had let it. Amazing how cheap it feels (thin plastics, etc, etc) comapered to FX4/5/6's though. It was fun, and I' wwould use it again, but only in my basement, same as last time. If I put it upstairs on my hardwood floors, I'd never sleep at night (although ANY filter can leak, but these are more likely to).

The CFS 14i(TALL BOY) I've still not taken out of the box. What I really want to do is drill a hole in the side of the clear canister, install a "uniseal" and use a flow adjustable 2000GPH submersible/external pump I have laying around unused. I just haven't had time to order the uniseal and do it yet.

Since my monster tank plans didn't pan out(house upgrades/repairs took precedence), I've been a bit down about anything. What sux is I spent 3 times what my 300 and stand would have cost on these house repairs/upgrades, and I still would have rather had the tank....true sickess huh?

Glad to be among fellow addicts.., it helps...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store