Four line catfish wounds.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I've had him for about a month or so in with my Red Devils, trimac and common Pleco and he's been fine. But I put in a green phantom Pleco last night and now he has these wounds. Could they be from the phantom? Should I move him to another tank? Should I try and treat this wound? Sorry for all the questions I'm just a bit concerned. I will try and get a better picture later. He's not out very much.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1423696267.179149.jpg

catfishacr

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Iowa City, IA
yeah very well could be fighting for territories with the green phantom. Is your phantom beat up too or just the catfish? I don't think you need to do anything to treat the wounds, they should get better. If you want to do something though, you could add something like seachem stress guard. As far as moving the catfish, if I were you id give it another day and see if they start to coexist. Make sure there are several hiding spots so they aren't fighting for 1 spot. Hope that help

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
yeah very well could be fighting for territories with the green phantom. Is your phantom beat up too or just the catfish? I don't think you need to do anything to treat the wounds, they should get better. If you want to do something though, you could add something like seachem stress guard. As far as moving the catfish, if I were you id give it another day and see if they start to coexist. Make sure there are several hiding spots so they aren't fighting for 1 spot. Hope that help
Thank you. That's what I figured. I read that phantoms can be aggressive and territorial. No wounds on anyone else. There are about 7 clay pots in the 75g so there should be plenty of spaces to hide.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I fail to see what the wounds exactly are. Looks like particulate in water column to me - those white dots are everywhere. But if there are wounds, I agree with the advice above for now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store