Topfin 125 gallon (petsmart brand) GOOD/BAD?

Timmy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
On Mother EARTH
Anyone have one ? Looking to pick one up to replace my 75 gallon... What are your thoughts? Right now you can pick for 478.00 (tank, stand and hood/lights....... Pretty tempting. I would prefer aqueon but they are big $$$$$..

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I would buy it with confidence. Petsmart will stand behind the products they sell. Should anything happens (that's no fault of your own), you know who to send the bill to.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I just snagged a topfin 75gal with lights and lids for $199. It's got aqueon versatops, little aqueon branded adhesive handles on the lids. The light is the same as other aqueon lights i own. The trim pieces on the topfin 75g are identical to the Aqueon (AGA) 90g that I paid big bucks for in july. Identical down to the burrs from the molding process. It even has the same warning sticker on the bottom pane and the "assembeled by" sticker w/ date is the same too.

I'd guess they are made in the same place.

The workmanship was far superior on my 90g, the panes of glass line up perfectly and the silicone is alot neater, the topfin tank doesn't look as nice, but I don't doubt it's ability to hold water

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
Send Linky please. I could use a 125 myself!
A friend bought a 125 + stand recently, identical to AGA that I have, which I believe is now owned by Aqueon. The plastic handles on the glass top said --- Aqueon. The 75 gallon tanks I purchase from P-smart are Aqueons as indicated by the test kit vial that came with the tank.

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
Everything I've read online says that topfin is just a rebrand of aqueon with crappier silicone work because it's not the "name brand" and subcontracted work.

Apparently aqueon also does petco's tanks too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store