How should I improve my filter

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
I have my 220 that my dovii will go into when big enough right now it's filtered with a wet/dry filter that has about a 5 gallon bucket amount of bio balls. I'm wondering if I should add some ceramic rings in the sump part they will be under water 100% of the time. Or if I should add purgen or both or if there's anything else I can add to improve my filter to make for the best tank for my dovii

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
If your ammonia and nitrite are at 0, then you have adequate bio media. Adding more bio media will not increase bb population. If you're looking for more water clarity, then increase your water turn over rate (gph). Utilizing plants (such as pothos) will keep nitrate low.

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
Yea I have no problems to speak of maybe I will just add a few plants in the sump area or somehow the overflow I guess I was looking to make water better plants seem to be the way to go and cheap

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I dropped an internal filter filled with purigen into each of my overflows to polish the water

Timmy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
On Mother EARTH
My 75 gallon was foggy (noticeable tint ) , added carbon to both my filters and also a uv sterilizer and water is crystal clear 2 days later.... so clear that it apears fish are swimming in air...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store