Anyone fish in southern Ontario?

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Always interested in talking to local fishermen, wanna know if anyone else here fishes southern Ontario, talking lake huron or lake Ontario tribs, and everything in between. I'm itching, i feel like I have cabin fever. I'm a river fisherman myself, I'll get out on a lake with a canoe too, no boat yet though (working on it). Anyone doing any successful river fishing at this time? Anything I'm really interested in is ice, and i dont do the ice fishing thing due to lack of time, experience, and gear, I'd definitely try it if someone wants to show me the ropes.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
I don't know much about lake huron or Ontario, but I know good spots for channel catfish, white bass, and smallmouth in Lake St.Clair. If you go by a crappy beach called sand point. And use spreaders with cut shrimp when the water's muddy or at sunset. You're GUARANTEED to catch an average size of a 9 pound channel cat every 5minutes at most! The biggest one I caught was 16 pounds! And now is especially a good time but they still bite all year. And during the summer you can go to the same place and catch TONS of white bass, you need a clear spoon or spinner mepps lure but you need a boat since they added a gate and disallowed fishing for no good reason. But then again it's easily accessible by any sort of watercraft. One time I hauled home 113 white bass!!! I needed four 5 gallon buckets to carry them. But about an hour before sunset the musky move in and they'll go off the same lures. If you ever decide to go down to lake st.clair.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not in Ontario, or Canada. But, I have a beachfront cottage on the other side of Lake Erie in Pennsylvania where I go up to 12ish weekends a year to fish Lake Erie, if you need any tips for catching White Bass or Drums on Lake Erie just let me know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store