Amblyceps Mangois

KarthikC

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
India
Hi guys,

Got 6 of these last week. Very shy, come out only for food. Hence, had to take them out for a "photoshoot". The pics are from phone camera. Sorry about the bad quality pics.

Will update with time. These fellas seem to be accepting pellets as well. Is this normal or am I just lucky?

Cheers,
Karthik

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Nice. Those are some barbels, almost a bottle brush :) I know ~ zero about these.

wayne the pain

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
Manchester, UK
Great looking catfish, nice to see something different.

KarthikC

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
India
Thanks guys. If you're looking for a small catfish that eats anything that fits it's mouth, this is it! Only thing is, its really shy. More than any catfish I've ever seen. They hide in littlle crevices. And gives a harsh bite to any loach or other fish that sneaks into it's space :D

Cheers,

Karthik

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
They act like the little Madtom Catfish that are native to the USA. They have an attitude problem like the Flathead Catfish from USA also. I really like your catfish alot. I'm gonna keep on the lookout for some myself. Thanks again for sharing! Keep us informed on everything with them. Pictures too!

Reactions: KarthikC

KarthikC

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
India
You're welcome. :) Also, thank YOU for sharing the names of the two catfish species I had never heard about. I just googled and they look kickass! Two more in my wishlist. I will update whenever I can click a pic of them. :)

Cheers,

Karthik

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store