Does Your Wife/Gf/Family Think You're Losing Your Mind With Fishkeeping?

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
One fish becomes two and two becomes many. One tank becomes two tanks and then there is the bigger and monster dream tank.

Does your wife/gf/family think you are losing your mind and should exercise more control? Do they wonder if you are addicted to fish keeping? Which to them appears irresponsible, childish and wasteful?

They don't understand the list of fishes and dream tank we have always planned for. When the plan is executed it appears addictive purchase or hobby.

Once I have a pair of:

Giant Snakeheads

A pack of Channa Pleuros

A Northern Snakehead

An emperor or Cobra Snakehead

Hoplias Aimara

A Gulper Catfish

A pair or Four Arapaima Gigas in a giant pond

I would be completely satisfied.

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
Oh I forgot the Golden Cross Back and the Super Red Asian Arowana. :D

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Yes. But, compared with some of the things I've been into in my past, this is an improvement. For example, my wife REALLY didn't get my falconry habit. She came home one day from work to a large hawk sitting on the dining room table tethered to an iron pipe thread protector.

We had an owl in our living room one night, huge, woke us up making real loud popping sounds...I had to load him up and drive him out to tbe mews because it was kinda creepy in tbe dark and all.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
My wife isn't big in the hobby she thinks the 125g that's getting set up soon is huge. My parents also have fish and love my plans for bigger/more tanks. My wife doesn't know nice secretly been hoarding money to build a 2k+ pond. I want a RTC.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
My wife isn't big in the hobby she thinks the 125g that's getting set up soon is huge. My parents also have fish and love my plans for bigger/more tanks. My wife doesn't know nice secretly been hoarding money to build a 2k+ pond. I want a RTC.

This will go over well. Haha. My gf thinks I'm crazy, I built a plywood tank that's about 160g during the summer and she was like whoa. She is always telling me I don't pay enough attention to her and "just stare at my fish all day". haha.

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
I think my husband thinks im nutzo. I went ahead and had a 240 custom glass tank built by our lfs. 84 by 30 by 22 high. 😉

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
She's mentioned on occasion how my obsession in this hobby reminds her of the guy who is in a physical relationship with his car on the show "my strange addiction". Talk about taking things out of proportion! She thinks someday she's gonna come home and find me making out with my fish tank like that guy was with his car...She always wonders why i just sit there at times and stare at my tank :D

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Yeah I've heard this before. My wife says I'm crazy in love with fish. She's annoyed but still lets me keep the hobby to an extent. I can't help it if she keeps funding my addiction. She keeps telling me no more tanks but I keep upgrading.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
My girlfriend loves you he hobby! She's really excited about the 300 I'm setting up right now. Pretty lucky. Wasn't always like this. She used to get reallllly pissed on water change nights because it would take hours to change the water on all five tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store