Aquarium Rim Issue

EricJ7182

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Jersey
I bought a 40 gallon breeder tank during on of Petco's $1 per gallon sale awhile ago. I believe that the tank I bought was made by Tetra. I later purchased a glass top for the tank at my local LFS and it didn't fit. I figured that the glass may have had an issue and later replaced the top as my kids broke it. To my surprise the second glass top did not fit. Has anyone else had this issue after buying a tank from Petco? Would replacing the trim fix the issue or are Tetra's tanks built differently size wise?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Actually yes. I have the same 40 breeder, and I even bought my lid from Petco when I bought the tank. The space within the rim is just a few millimeters too small for the lid, so the lid sits crooked. I have just gotten used to it by now; I don't have the skill, the knowledge, or the patience to try and fix it.

boredinnh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2013
usa
I bought the same tetra 40 breeder from petco as well as the Aqueon glad top they sold. Mine didn't fit either so I used a power sander on the glass and very lightly used a dremel on the trim. It's still a tight fit but works now. Has been fine for 1.5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store