Best freshwater LED for mounting in canopy?

Natalie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2007
Florida
Hi all,

I just got a 125 gallon acrylic setup (72" long) and would like to light it with LEDs. I use Finnex Fugeray on my smaller planted tanks and really like them, but I need something that can mount inside the wooden canopy of the new tank, which I don't believe I can do with the Finnex. Also due to the canopy, I need lights that don't get very hot. I tried Ecoxotics a while ago and the fixture was extremely hot to touch which would worry me with a canopy. Does anyone have recommendations? This will be fish only with maybe a few low light plants, and I'd rather not break the bank.

Thanks...

S4Detroit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2015
Detroit,Mi
Get the Current freshwater + and flip the mount legs and make a bracket to hold it to the canopy. I have a 48" and it was only $170 out the door. The 48" puts out 2000 lumens and is completely adjustable.

Natalie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2007
Florida
Are you talking about the True Lumen lights or another system? I saw the True Lumens in action today at my LFS and was very impressed.

Natalie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2007
Florida
Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I'm going to go with the Current Satellite plus system and get two 36" fixtures.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store