Should I buy a dat?

manafel

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2012
tulsa, oklahoma
Hello,

I was browsing my lfs today and they got in n order of Dats in this week. there wasn't a label on the tank and when I asked for the actual species of the fish, they told me that all they knew was that they were 'Yellow Tiger fish'. Sadly I didn't think to get a picture before I left, they looked a little stressed. They were about 1-2 inches, so really small. I can't really find anything on a specific 'Yellow Tiger fish' on the web, but they are $18 a piece right now. I've read that young dats are very prone to dying. Should I just buy one and try? I couldn't keep it if it was a brackish water species.

Thank you

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I assume they are IT since those are the only one that comes in quantities and also the cheapest. I find a 2" one to be very hardy and easy as heck to pellet train. I say go for it. Only the silver Dat thrives in brackish.

johnmethew

Feeder Fish
Feb 24, 2015
Pakistan
First of all i would appreciate your thoughts you have been chosen Monster Fish Keepers platform to find out your solution. Secondly I would like to suggest you should buy just 1 and after getting experience from it you may buy an other .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store