Deep roots or Nomadic?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Just wondering how many members have lived their lives deeply rooted in the same area and how many have made, or been forced into, a nomadic life of relocation after relocation?

My own journey has been full of new places, sights, and customs.

La Reole, France -> Queens, NY -> Brooklyn, NY -> Seldon, LI, NY -> Montauk, LI, NY -> Figeac, France x 2 -> Clifton, NJ x 2 -> San Diego,CA -> Kearny Mesa, CA -> Waukegan,IL -> Damneck,VA -> Kearny Mesa, CA -> San Diego, CA -> Imperial Beach,CA -> Miamisburg, OH -> Pasco, WA -> Vader, WA -> Winona, MS -> Mer Rouge, LA -> Winona, MS -> Jackson, AL.

We have, at least, one relocation left. My plans are to retire to somewhere I can dive and fish most of the year.

Here in Jackson, I've met people that have never been out of the county or out of the state. That concept is simply too much for me to wrap my head around. The longest I've ever lived at the same mailing address was the 6 years I was stationed aboard the USS Chandler (DDG-996).

What's your history?

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Lived in three countries, parents plan on staying here but I want to move to the USA after studying.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
guess i'd be like an oak. lived in the same 20 sq mile area for the last 34 yrs
Exact same lol I've lived in Manchester 34 years

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Other than my time in the military, I've lived in New Jersey my whole life. I spent summers in Sassano Italy with my grandparents when I was a kid.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
guess i'd be like an oak. lived in the same 20 sq mile area for the last 34 yrs
The same,somewhat.I have never lived outside of Philadelphia but growing up we moved to different parts if the city quite a bit....oops forgot about living in South Carolina for a short while.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Born in Maine, went to college in West Virginia, and returned to Maine to live and work. I now live about an hour from where I grew up. After this winter, I 'm thinking some place warm would be nice.
Town I grew up in is Pittsfield, and we lived next to a cemetery. Now live in Pittston, and there is a cemetery across the street.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I don't know the exact details about it all, but generally, it was the Vietnam war. my family lived in Laos. my family was on the same side as the US. My dad fought in the secret war.

The US pulled out of Vietnam, and whoever was against them (communists) were slaughtered. so there was refugee camps in Thailand who were taking in the people who were fleeing Laos looking for political asylum. my family made it there and I was born there in one of those refugee camps in Bon Vinai, Thailand. We lived there a couple of years and the US was allowing refugees of the war to come live here in the states. We came here, touched down in San Fransisco (first American soil we touched), the flight continued to St. Paul, MN where we had Americans who participated in sponsorship program for refugees of the war who took us in temporarily. Stayed in MN for about 3 years.

We came to socal in 82. Been in the same town since then. over 30 years

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Wow sumo its a bit more interesting than my boring story :thumbup::)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store