ever go into you lfs.....

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
and leave feeling bummed the hell out?
i havent been to my lfs in sometime..
saw a tank with a donation midevil, blind in both eyes. looked like pop eye took its toll.
saw a tank with a donation salvini kicked to hell.
saw a donation snook with its lower jaw broken or something.

then i remembered why i dont go there anymore. its not the shop because the owner is a good guy, thats why those fish are there. but the people that get into fish keeping drive me crazy.

emu1sive

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2015
Austin, TX
I walked in the other day with a girl and her husband looking at getting a fancy goldfish, she was talking about how 10 gallons is plently of room right?, oh and look what's that? She was looking at an arawana with no prior knowledge on the fish and about to get it. They purchased blowfish even after being told that they were undergoing ick treatment.... *smh*

Podzy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Toronto
I had to explain what a fishless cycle was to one of the people working in the fish dept. He was under the impression that a fish had to be present in order to cycle a tank or at the very least, dosing with Stability or something...

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I just walked into my local lfs and saw two 14" plus iridescent cats that someone traded in in a 75 one was belly up and the other was on the bottom breathing heavily with ammonia burn from the previous owner.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
A I walked into my LFS and saw a beautiful clump of amazon sword which was obviously suffering from potassium deficiency. I tried to tell them how important fertilizers were!

I joke I joke.

I've got a couple awesome "rescue" fish from the LFS that were surrendered due to extreme neglect that I purchased for next to nothing and gave a great home. FULL GROWN OSCAR FOR $8 WHAAAA? sure he was a fixer upper but comeon!

I've had some discussions with the owner, and we both share the same moral dilemma about fish being neglected. But the harsh reality is that if idiots weren't murdering millions of pet fish - the fish store wouldn't be able to exist.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I hadn't been to my favorite shop in some time so I decided to pay them a visit and as I walk up to the door I notice that the place looks dark inside and I read a sign posted that states that the store has shut down and is no longer in business...talk about being bummed out.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I still have nightmares of the Chinese algae eaters tackling balloon mollies and holding them down while they ate their slime coats. Who thought they should be put together??

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
Went to local Petsmart the other day. A lady was irate at this teen employee as the employee refused to sell her those pot belly mollies

Later I asked the employee why she refused to sell those goldfish, she responded, the lady wanted to buy all mollies and place it in bag to hold down balloons for her child's birthday party.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Went to local Petsmart the other day. A lady was irate at this teen employee as the employee refused to sell her those pot belly mollies

Later I asked the employee why she refused to sell those goldfish, she responded, the lady wanted to buy all mollies and place it in bag to hold down balloons for her child's birthday party.
I guess scotch tape or thumb tacks were totally out of the question as an option.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I still have nightmares of the Chinese algae eaters tackling balloon mollies and holding them down while they ate their slime coats. Who thought they should be put together??
I just saw the same thing, except it was Chinese algae eaters tackling Gouramis!! :/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store