Ray Dividers

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Anyone willing to post pics of how they divide their rays in such large tanks? My rays seem to find a way to destroy whatever I use to separate them. I lost a litter of BD pups because of it.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Same here, I also have sand in my large tank so I just long flat rocks in the sand to support the bottom, I also can zip tie mine to the overflow or to the top of the tank, just have to get creative, Sorry to hear about the loss

I use egg crate and magnet algae scrappers

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jimr

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
Lyme Ct.
I ended up making a couple with the child safety gate. The problem with the width was solved using a plastic square post I got from HD. Cut to the right height and aquarium silicone. Looks like this. Good Luck.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1424096202.171976.jpg

rwellbaum

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2012
USA
I don't have rays but I had to temporarily keep 2 male dovii together in the same tank one 14" and one 17"
I used egg crate, zip tied it to some heavy duty suction cups that I bought from Menards
The suction cups that I bought had hooks on them that I bent closed and was able to zip tie the egg crate to

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I use egg crate and magnet algae scrappers
Same here, I also have sand in my large tank so I just long flat rocks in the sand to support the bottom, I also can zip tie mine to the overflow or to the top of the tank, just have to get creative, Sorry to hear about the loss
I don't have rays but I had to temporarily keep 2 male dovii together in the same tank one 14" and one 17"
I used egg crate, zip tied it to some heavy duty suction cups that I bought from Menards
The suction cups that I bought had hooks on them that I bent closed and was able to zip tie the egg crate to
Thank you for the responses guys. The egg crate has not been successful for me to date. I cannot seem to find anything strong enough to secure it.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I ended up making a couple with the child safety gate. The problem with the width was solved using a plastic square post I got from HD. Cut to the right height and aquarium silicone. Looks like this. Good Luck.

This is BRILLIANT Jim! I am doing this. Thanks man!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store