R.I.P. pleco

Lindsay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2015
illinois
Had my little 2" albino bristlenose pleco in the new 220 with arowana and ornate bichir then just now noticed he's disappeared, I have no decor yet so it's hard to not see him, he's always been okay with them in the old tank :cry:

wish i knew which one chomped him :irked:

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Had my little 2" albino bristlenose pleco in the new 220 with arowana and ornate bichir then just now noticed he's disappeared, I have no decor yet so it's hard to not see him, he's always been okay with them in the old tank :cry:

wish i knew which one chomped him :irked:
I wanna say it was your ornate lol. Aren't they fairly big? A 2" bristlenose is no match for those guys.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
Not trying to be a negative nancy or a jerk but hopefully you have learned from your experience and will keep the ornate bichir and arowana with a larger pleco species as an adult also sorry for you loss.

Lindsay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2015
illinois
Because i wanted the bigger ones to eat it obviously

no cuz they've always been good together and everyone is well fed + i can't just toss a pleco straight into my marine tank. :ROFL:

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
Ya your problem is quite simple really bigger fish eat smaller fish or anything that can fit in their mouthes you should have had a smaller tank to keep the pleco in till it was an adult then move it into the bigger tank with the bichir and arowana.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
my moneys on the aro. I can see the pleco stuck mid level in the tank on the wall and the aro snagging him. That ornate, regardless of size difference, would have had a waaaaaay harder time swallowing a spiny fish fighting to get out of its mouth lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store