Where do you get your driftwood?

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
i got most of my driftwoods in cleared forest areas and rivers.. and i took some very hard and heavy one.. the ones tht i picked from the cleared forests it will usually not sink. i'll just weigh it down using a rock or something and eventually it sinks. i got some very unique shapes as well. i have nver bought any driftwoods in my life, ever.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I'm not sure what kinda of driftwood I have, but some sure have aged a lot in the last few years. I think my plecos have really melted some pieces down.

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
my Lfs. I had a pce that i had since i was 14yr. at its still good. now im gonna be 20, and its still the same.but now i dont use it at all. just sits in a container. but your in Socal. there a lot of vendors here. like Manzman. #1 source for manznita.

theskibag

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2011
Galway, Ireland
Hi souzie, nice shoal. Just letting you know that it might be best to get a few more if they are available. They're really cannibalistic especially when young. I started with ten two years ago and I'm down to four now.

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
Ebay. Good driftwood is hard to come by and pricey too, especially if you want something big and dramatic with holes, arches and cover.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
All my driftwood came from my LFS, sometimes the LFS owner take me to the driftwood warehouse so I can look and hand pick each piece. I don't like the giant driftwood though, I love to collect small/medium pieces then combine them into "weird shape" :D (handy work required to stack or combine those woods together).

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Have one piece I bought about 10 years ago that is still in my tank, Rest is from my garden

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store