how many people raise these?

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Check out the documentary "the elephant in the living room." On netflix but might be able to find it online.

All about the harm and danger of keeping exotic animals, both for the keeper and the animal.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Those of you that think no one should be able to keep so called exotic wildlife, well the people that would prevent that, would deprive you of your fish too! Be careful who you align yourself with.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Those of you that think no one should be able to keep so called exotic wildlife, well the people that would prevent that, would deprive you of your fish too! Be careful who you align yourself with.
Just because some don't think that people should keep large carnivorous mammals as pets doesn't mean that they align themselves with the sorts of organizations that would have the keeping of tropical fish outlawed.

Moosehollow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2010
Portland, OR
just to be clear, I do not keep these as personal pets. I have worked with an Exotic animal rescue for over 10 years of my life. so dont be too hasty to pass judgement.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Yes because keeping fish is the same thing as keeping a tiger :screwy: Exotic wildlife such as big cats should defiantly be either in a zoo or in the wild.

Dam didn't realize how old this thread is...let it sink lol

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.

There is a big difference between a caged pet such as a fish or reptile and a big cat

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store