Feedback or Review in TopFin Glass tank

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
I am looking to pick up a 20T TopFin setup from Petsmart. What are your feedbacks on there quality?

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Is there a way to check the silicone before I buy? The one I am getting is in a box

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
You shouldn't really have to check anything. If it's somehow defective you can certainly exchange it.

I can personally attest to the fact that my topfin tanks have aqueon trim, lids, warning stickers, and lights.

I own 2 topfin 75g tanks. The silicone is a bit sloppy, but its adequate. The panes of glass don't line up 100% perfectly. My 90g aqueon tank is far superior visually speaking, the panes line up beautifully and the beads are nearly flawless. . but thats the difference in price.

To be honest I wouldn't put much consideration into buying smaller tanks under 40g

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
I bought it today at the on sale price then returned in 15mins when I realized the silicone was so sloppy. I wish not risk a tank blowing and making a mess.

Visio tank are well made. The glass they use is usually thicker and silicone usually looks very clean.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store