Has the Aquaclear line been discontinued?

apastuszak

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2010
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphack.com
So, I got an Aquaclear 70 on the Petsmart deal. I've been using Aquaclear filters since the 80s, and I love them. They're probably my favorite HOB power filters, and I've tried tons of different ones. The models I have are so old, the lids say "Aquaclear 150", "Aquaclear 200" and "Aquaclear 300."

Here's what has me concerned..

If I go to the US Hagen website and look up "Clip On" filters, I can see the Aquaclear filters, but they have the old box style, prior to the Fluval re-branding.

http://usa.hagen.com/Aquatic/Filtration/Clip-On

The if I go to the Fluval web site, and look at "clip-op/power" filters, I see no Aquaclear filters. Only the new C line:

http://www.fluvalaquatics.com/us/freshwater/aquarium-filtration/#cat=3

The Aquaclears are nowhere to be found anywhere on the Fluval website.

I really hope these filters are not discontinued.

Time to email Rolf C. Hagen and see what they say.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Not sure if the brand is being discontinued but Pet Mountain and Foster and Smith seem to have plenty of most sizes.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
They are still making them, but under the fluval brand. Identical filters and model numbers, just says formerly aqua clear model etc. or something to that extent on the box. Media inside has slightly different packaging, but 99.9 percent the same. Plastic lids say fluval instead of aquaclear.

apastuszak

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2010
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphack.com
They are still making them, but under the fluval brand. Identical filters and model numbers, just says formerly aqua clear model etc. or something to that extent on the box. Media inside has slightly different packaging, but 99.9 percent the same. Plastic lids say fluval instead of aquaclear.
That's what my box says. But the Fluval website doesn't have them listed.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
A company would have to be foolish to discontinue one of the best filters ever made. Millions have been sold. Most likely just a brand name and packaging change.

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
I saw these at Petsmart today to get me some prime and turtle food and I found these in the aquarium section...I knew right off the bat these were Eheim filters with a different paint job on them. The Eheim Ecco Pro, the Eheim Liberty, the Eheim Biopower internal filter and even the media is the same! Did Eheim sell the license to make these filters to Nat Geo/Petsmart? Or are these just blatant rip offs of Eheim? They're even made in Germany. Is it possible they're buying them in bulk from Eheim to just slap their own logo on it and sell it? IMG_1606[1].JPGIMG_1607[1].JPGIMG_1608[1].JPGIMG_1609[1].JPGIMG_1610[1].JPGIMG_1611[1].JPG

IMG_1606[1].JPG

IMG_1607[1].JPG

IMG_1608[1].JPG

IMG_1609[1].JPG

IMG_1610[1].JPG

IMG_1611[1].JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store