Good tankmates for africans

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
Just curious what you guys are keeping with your Africans. I have a 125 tang tank with moba fronts, calvus, comps, syn catfish, and an elephant nose. I'll be upgrading to a 320gallon in 6-8 weeks and I may add something if anyone has any cool ideas. So lets see what you keep with your Africans!

poppalina

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Boston
B Tricoti, that's what my plan is when my 300 gets set up. How did the Elephant Nose make it into that mix.

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
They are definitely awesome I was going to add some, but pricey and hard to find. I still may though. The elephant nose is doing great. He actually rules a small part of the tank and actively chases the catfish.

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
The elephant nose was definitely not part of the plan, but my daughter really wanted him. Being that he has no way of actually harming any of the other fish, I figured why not.

Damz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2015
JHB
I've got a fire ell with my Malawi's as well as 2 Jack Demsys and I have a trophies
Sorry for any spelling errors

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
I have my Africans with Burmese humphead glass fish and used to have boesmani rainbows.

I'm also a victim of child proposed purchases. Bubble eye goldfish with his own tank. Elephant nose in there is unusual though he must be on pellets?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
yeah he eats nls sinking pellets, blood worms, Mysis and brine shrimp, small pieces of krill,...pretty much anything I put in the tank. The lady at the fish store told me he would never be able to eat anything aside from blood worms since whatever he eats would have to fit up his snout...lol Bubble eye goldfish...nice

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store