Do I even belong here? (New member today Thursday 19th Feb 2015)

CaptainBirdsEye

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Hello, finally I don't feel so silly!
I am involved in other fish keeping internutter places where 50gallons is considered a big tank!
My big tank is tiny compared to some of the things you people get up to!
:drool:

Maybe there is hope for me after all!
I still need more tanks, and they need to be bigger!
I'm onto my second fish house which is already too small (it's 18 months old, almost) and most of my tanks are DIY.
I've been a fish keeper for almost 10 years and I have my favourite "trinket" fish, but, big fish in big tanks is always nice to see.
Hopefully I can learn how to go from where I am to where you are!

Cheers, J.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92891884@N04/sets/72157632686866609/
(My fishes and fish house build)

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
If that shed, on the Flicker page, is yours then you definitely belong here.

Welcome!

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Some observations - First this question has been raised and, as I recall, moderators said that all fishkeepers are welcome on the forum.

Second, you are not the only one without the big tanks on the forum.

Third, there are a few on the forum who have some minimum tank size in mind for the forum. "Go big or go home" is something I recall reading. They have not had their way as yet and others with big tanks do welcome all fishkeepers.

My approach is to avoid comments on threads where I do not have some experience. If I comment on a topic without actual personal experience, I try to indicate that lack in my posts.

Good luck.

CaptainBirdsEye

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
SHED!:irked: (Obviously not being serious!)
Grrrr, but yeah, it's a shed:nilly:
Thanks for looking!:headbang2

What do you keep in your tank?

CaptainBirdsEye

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Hello; Some observations - First this question has been raised and, as I recall, moderators said that all fishkeepers are welcome on the forum.

Second, you are not the only one without the big tanks on the forum.

Third, there are a few on the forum who have some minimum tank size in mind for the forum. "Go big or go home" is something I recall reading. They have not had their way as yet and others with big tanks do welcome all fishkeepers.

My approach is to avoid comments on threads where I do not have some experience. If I comment on a topic without actual personal experience, I try to indicate that lack in my posts.

Good luck.
Hey thanks for checking in, yeah it was kind of dry humour! But my tank is SMALL compared to some of the things I've seen, and only here!
where is the divide on large tanks and monster tanks? Has science put a numerical value on it yet?:grinno:
Yeah I read go big or go home! My kind of humour!
i tend not to comment if I don't know, unless it is mind blowing, then that's what I say!

what do you keep?

CaptainBirdsEye

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Yeah I saw the tank on a flat bed pick up. Here comes the dumb! Errrr, what's CA?
it's a fair size tank, I'd like two of those next time I build another fish house! Then I can get some of my dream fish!
bichirs and lion fish!
Unless something nasty happens in my loach tank I'm stuck for space!

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Yeah I saw the tank on a flat bed pick up. Here comes the dumb! Errrr, what's CA?
it's a fair size tank, I'd like two of those next time I build another fish house! Then I can get some of my dream fish!
bichirs and lion fish!
Unless something nasty happens in my loach tank I'm stuck for space!
Welcome, ca means Central American cichlids.

CaptainBirdsEye

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Cheers, I'm not into abbreviations! (Obviously!)
Its nice to see proper tanks for fish, it doesn't happen very often!
so if that's a grow out tank, there must be more huh!

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Cheers, I'm not into abbreviations! (Obviously!)
Its nice to see proper tanks for fish, it doesn't happen very often!
so if that's a grow out tank, there must be more huh!

Welcome! All shapes and sizes around here.. so do not worry. Abbreviations are big on the forum so good luck getting up to speed! lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store