Ideas on sites that are best for selling cichlids. I have one that needs to go.

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
I cannot ship and need to have a fish picked up. If I could I would certainly try aquabid. I have tried LFS, this site, and craig's list. Any other suggestions?

Big Jay

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
Northeast
If it's that bad just give it away to a LFS. I know a lot won't pay you anything but if you need it gone, just give it away.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Perhaps you're asking price is too high. Like Big Jay stated, free is typically a great motivator to getting people to pick things up you're trying to rid

Oscared

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
I Had to give away some fish --Just ate the cost, and gave away for free on craigslist.

But on a good note --they went to an experienced hobbyist...and now a person I communicate with regarding cichlids.

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
If it's that bad just give it away to a LFS. I know a lot won't pay you anything but if you need it gone, just give it away.
That's the thing. I can't even give away a really nice male p. loisellie. Not one LFS will take it. No one wants him. I hate to part with him, but he could potentially kill some of my very rare dithers. I want to change my tank to a CA earth eating theme too. Is $20 too much to ask for an almost 12'' male loisellie?

Reaper13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2013
Southeast
That's the thing. I can't even give away a really nice male p. loisellie. Not one LFS will take it. No one wants him. I hate to part with him, but he could potentially kill some of my very rare dithers. I want to change my tank to a CA earth eating theme too. Is $20 too much to ask for an almost 12'' male loisellie?
Where are you located?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
If you just have to get money for it just put it up on Craigslist but the safety of your other fish over $20 seems like it really not worth it

Oscared

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Full grown oscar here would go for $35 ..thats LFS price --craigslists...has to be free around here.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
A 12" Parachromis would require a very selective individual. Unless the person had an over 100 gal tank, and it would need to be understocked enough to handle it.
Or if someone had a large female and wanted to breed.
In my area at local fish auctions any 12" cichlid, be it an oscar, red devil or managuense might fetch less than $10, unless that perfect individual was there.
LFSs might ask $40 or $50, but then the fish might still be there in the store 3 or 6 months after drop off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store