So How Long Do You Stare At Your Aquarium & Fish?

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
Lol my parents used to share with others that as a kid I used to lie down next to my aquarium and never move away.

And of course I remember that, nothing would amaze me more than watching and observing this beautiful life form. I seemed obsessed about them.

I wondered though if it was just me, because I didn't know anyone who would just sit there and stare at it as if they have gone into some kind of a meditative state. And true enough it is so relaxing and peaceful. Anyone who saw me would make fun not to dive into the tank and sleep with the fish.

Today at 30 I stare at it when I wake up and go to bed because it's right there next to my bed. And whenever I am present in my room also. It seems to be 'time wasting' especially when I should be focusing on my work. But nothing is more feeding to the soul.

So tell me that I'm not alone. :)

Marauder225

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2011
New jersey
Your not alone lol. I've got a 40b next to my bed and a 75 on the wall directly across from the 40 right next to my tv. The tv can be on and I'll spend my time staring at my tanks more then anything else. I think a big part of why we get into this hobby is the enjoyment that it brings us watching the life that's taking place in our tanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Starring at art is never a "waste" of time. My fish are a living art form which I marvel at every time I get a second to watch them.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
While conscious one should always be able to see their tank regardless of the task at hand

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
I used to stare constantly at my betta in his 2.5 gallon tank but before that I would have staring contests with my mantises but they never would blink....never.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store