Anyone go coyote hunting?

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
Im going coyote hunting in 2 weeks and it's going to be my first time. One of my buddies family own 500+ acres for agriculture and needs to take out some coyote. The coyotes on my friends property keeps biting on the drip lines, kills livestock, almost depleted the pheasant population on his property, and killed his dog last year. Gonna be using my Smith & Wesson M&P AR 15 with .223 Barnes 55 Gr. TSX. Cant wait! :grinno:

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Im going coyote hunting in 2 weeks and it's going to be my first time. One of my buddies family own 500+ acres for agriculture and needs to take out some coyote. The coyotes on my friends property keeps biting on the drip lines, kills livestock, almost depleted the pheasant population on his property, and killed his dog last year. Gonna be using my Smith & Wesson M&P AR 15 with .223 Barnes 55 Gr. TSX. Cant wait! :grinno:
Sounds like it should be some fun. My dad and I used to go but I haven't been in a long time. I'd love to go again soon. It's a lot of fun. Have a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I don't purposely go for them, but if I'm in the woods and I catch one slippin' I take em every time. Pests I say. I respect most if not all animals but man 'yotes push my patience...

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
Sounds like it should be some fun. My dad and I used to go but I haven't been in a long time. I'd love to go again soon. It's a lot of fun. Have a good time.

Awesome!

I don't purposely go for them, but if I'm in the woods and I catch one slippin' I take em every time. Pests I say. I respect most if not all animals but man 'yotes push my patience...
Ive seen coyotes when I go out, but never really cared to take one out although they are open year round.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Awesome!

Ive seen coyotes when I go out, but never really cared to take one out although they are open year round.
Yup, provided its not turkey/small game and i'm to far out to hit them with a 3" nitro mag express shell lol I'll take one every time in deer season. I wouldn't want to wing one with a shotgun, I dont like injuring them, but if i can get it I will haha.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Mind elaborating on the pest thing? I'm not a hunter, and i can understands them being a nuisance, but do they need to be killed or is there any other solutions? I'm not a hippie, I'm asking out of curiosity.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Mind elaborating on the pest thing? I'm not a hunter, and i can understands them being a nuisance, but do they need to be killed or is there any other solutions? I'm not a hippie, I'm asking out of curiosity.

They cull every other game animal around here. Deer (which is fine because we have way to many of those too), game birds, rabbit...its bad. They take pets around here too. Smart animals...they take some BIG dogs around here... Theres just to many of them as is. When PA starts paying you rather than making you pay them when you shoot an animal, they are a problem haha.

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL

Exactly what I wanted to ask. How is you going into it's backyard make it a pest? Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Exactly what I wanted to ask. How is you going into it's backyard make it a pest? Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
TEEEEEEEEECHNICALLY my friend the state made them the pest...they introduced them here. So humans are still to blame which is the argument I know is coming but in this case I can't be blamed for moving in to their home town lol.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
We don't shoot them. We want them to put a dent in the fawn population. We would much rather have a coyote than crop eating deer. When you have neighbors who have taken 70+ deer in a season of of a relatively small farm I'll take any help we get with population control.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store