Fight of the century: mayweather vs pacquiao thread

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I said if this fight ever happen, id make a thread. It's on baby!

Thoughts? Predictions? You laying down any bets? Hosting a fight party? Do you just not care cuz it's too late? Take the thread whatever direction you want it to go. It's yours

*no sumoninjas allowed

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

johnny potatoes

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
Dewey
It's to bad this fight couldn't happen sooner. Hopefully it's a good one and lives up to the expectations.
As far as being the fight of the century, it may well be. And there's still allot of this century left.
This might be boxing's last big one. Is there anybody else left in the sport that everyone wants to see?

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
It's to bad this fight couldn't happen sooner. Hopefully it's a good one and lives up to the expectations.
As far as being the fight of the century, it may well be. And there's still allot of this century left.
This might be boxing's last big one. Is there anybody else left in the sport that everyone wants to see?

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Nah. The sport is slowly dying

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Nah. The sport is slowly dying

The sport is dying because of greed. too many governing bodies, too many divisions and too many champions. When I was a kid there was one "Heavyweight Champion of the World" and everyone knew who that was, the Great John L. Sullivan..........;) seriously there was no WBO, WBA, IBF etc light middleweight, middleweight, super middleweight and 3 champions in each organization. That's what was the beginning of the end for the sweet science.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
The sport is dying because of greed. too many governing bodies, too many divisions and too many champions. When I was a kid there was one "Heavyweight Champion of the World" and everyone knew who that was, the Great John L. Sullivan..........;) seriously there was no WBO, WBA, IBF etc light middleweight, middleweight, super middleweight and 3 champions in each organization. That's was the beginning of the end for the sweet science.
I agree wholeheartedly

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
X2....some people think because the big fights still draw money that it's not dying.

lmao, I swear, my IQ drops every time I debate boxing with eddie. some pseudo boxing knowledge going on in here

I challenge you guys to go join a boxing forum and bring this topic up. you'll gain knowledge and decrease ignorance on the subject.

they been saying boxing is dead for the last century. literally.

in our era, they said what's next after de la hoya/mayweather, there's nothing left after Lewis/Tyson, it's over after Tyson/holyfield, boxing's dead after Tyson retires, etc etc

every era says boxing will be dead. every era claims their's will be the last. i'm calling it now, baseball will die before boxing and our grandchildren's grandchildren will be watching boxing super fights

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
after pac and may retire, the next young lions like canelo and GGG will carry on

few quotes from an old article regarding boxing's supposed death:

"Dec 9, 1903 - Whether the timehonored sport of boxing is dead or only sleeping will probably be demonstrated this month so far as Los Angeles is concerned and the Coliseum Athletic Association which has now completed an uptodate."

"Jun 15, 1906 - Jim Neil Declares Boxing Is Dead in New York"

"Jun 1, 1923 - Boxing Is Dead Sport, Says Chicago's Mayor Chicago, May 31. -- Boxing "is a dead sport," Mayor William 13. Dever declared tonight when informed that James Mul- len, promoter of. lust Tuesday's engage- ment between Benny Leonard and Pinkie Mitchell, which ended in a fist fight be- tween ... "

Jun 2, 1942 - Promoters gen erally hold the view that due to In creased taxes they cannot afford "cuts" to that therefore boxing is dead.

Nov 29, 1943 - Others say, yeah, boxing is dead game; it smells like dead game that been lying under the sun for . The optimists and well-wishers that boxing has lost its champs and stars, but that there are still good fights to be seen.

1957- wrestling promoter: I know what this is all about," he declared. The commission is running In the red because boxing is dead and it wants to tap some of the gates we're getting.

Jun 15, 1957 - WHO SAYS BOXING* i IS DEAD. Yesterday morning s sports pages in TV TaimuNz were about the liveliest we have been

un 22, 1960 - Don't tell me boxing is dead. HARRY KECK All it needs is for the people be as honest with themselves in their appraisal of it as they insist that boxing be. For every Jake lamotta in boxing there are thousands of well-meaning boxers, managers and promoters who are on the level and

1962 - Boxing is dead in Baltimore It is almost dead everywhere

Dec 18, 1962 - Boxing is dead or dying in many parts of the world, but in Italy it is a fact.

boxing is a zombie

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store