Are these baby dats a good deal?

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Saw them at LFS for $24.99. Looked pretty nice for that price, IMO. What do you dat experts think?

[video=youtube;8pWlLLItzSo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pWlLLItzSo[/video]

JayC74

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
With a heavy dosage of live blackworms, I think they can be brought back fairly quick. Shouldn't be your responsibility to bring them back. Try to convince the lfs owner that they look emaciated and make a better deal with a gd warranty just in case it doesn't work. Nice 3bars in there

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
^I agree with that good advice.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
They are not healthy, and very thin. I would pass.
While I'd agree here, I'll still say they are the most active dats I've seen. EVERY SINGLE TIME I see these things at the Lfs, they are laying at the bottom of the tank. If anyone ever started a
"What's the big deal about this fish?" thread, this is the fish I'd ask about. Definitely not an expert here, but if I really liked them I may try to negotiate them down a bit more, I mean you could say they DO look sick, (really hard to say bc lfs fish are always thinner) I'd guess your buying a few, then if it worked out, Id quarantine them a long time.
Nice to see ya blades, it's been a while
:)

GreenTerror7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2011
So cal/ LAX
at Allan's right? I believe they just got them in last Monday. I was in last Saturday and they weren't there but on Monday they were. or maybe i just missed them the first time.

Norkim

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2015
Manchester WA.
I would say that while they are on the THIN side they are VERY active and not cowering in the corner in their stress pattern of ALL dark including the area between stripes. If you want them buy em and STUF em full of live foods.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store