Some pictures of the new addition

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Ugh I know. She is so skinny.
I thought it take a while for her to settle in but ate some pellets today and a little bit of mysis shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
nice ehh!! that slim look only works for super models, by all means fatten her up!! :)

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Cute, watch for white poop, I think I see some in the 3rd pic. With GTs it's not always IPs they need a diet higher in vegetable matter more like and African go easy on the meaty foods. A good pellet like NLS Thera A+ and Omega One Super Veggie pellets is a good diet for young GTs.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
OK then.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I'm feeding that tank nls algaemax.
Hopefully the white poop clears up soon. I'm sure it's stress related.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

GreenTerror7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2011
So cal/ LAX
Cute, watch for white poop, I think I see some in the 3rd pic. With GTs it's not always IPs they need a diet higher in vegetable matter more like and African go easy on the meaty foods. A good pellet like NLS Thera A+ and Omega One Super Veggie pellets is a good diet for young GTs.
I don't mean to hack this thread, but why do green terrors require a diet higher in vegetable matter? I ask because I have had a problem with the white poop but I feed for the most part, high protein diet (Hikari carnivore, cichlid bio gold, cichlid gold, cichlid staple, Southern delight, omega one cichlid pellets, nls algae wafers [rarely], frozen krill, frozen tilapia an ad live bloodworms). I have tried soaking the food in an Epsom salt solution, i got the "recipe" off mfk. Should I start feeding foods with more vegetable matter? I've raised and kept green terrors and have never heard of feeding more vegetable matter so I am interested in the reasoning behind it. Thank you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store