Need help with little white worms

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Ok I've had these little white worms in my tank for ever. iv heard them called gravel worms that just eat the fish waste and excess food but I'm really tired of them iv heard to just do frequent water changes and sift through the gravel and over time u can ride your tank of them but I have sand and cant sift through it like u could with gravel does any one know how to get ride of these guys any help would be awesome

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
I do not over feed the little bits of food that come out of the fishes gills is the excess food im talking about and they feed on fish waste so those answers dont help me very much does any body know how to actually get rid of them? Jordy are u referring to your self in the third person??

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Agreed, worst comes to worst dont feed everyday, maybe give your fish a meal 3x a week instead... Only other option is to up your gravel vac schedule and hope it clears enough extra waste...

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Ok cool thx I've had them for ever I had some big clown loaches in there and they really minimized them but once I got rid of the loaches they began to come back full force.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store