Silver Arowana smash lid

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Heloo monsterfishkeepers !
I'm new to this forum but fish keeper for 4 years.
My 57 cm monster smash 2m acrilic lid + weights and died.
It's my fail... That is reason whay i'm sad.
I had him for 1.6 year. I will never forget him.
Guys u must see pictures of him :naughty:

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
So sry to here of your loss nothing sucks more then losing a nice fish I've been keeping aros for about 7 years now. I think the Oscars and the aros was a bad decision he had to of been super spooked to of done that and I guessing this stress played a big role over all thats a super small size for a aro that old mine normally get to be that size in about 6 months from 4 inches starting point. Tank mate's play a huge role in aros over all health I would feel comfortable leaving my canopy off for days on end if I had to because I know mine will not jump because he has no stress. I'm not going to beat you up in more about it I'm sure you feel bad enough already I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
I don't thing he was stressed... Jumping begin only when light are off. Whay u think they are not good tank mates ?
Oscar never atacked him. Aro was the bigest and strongest fish in aquarium.
I saw 100 videos on youtube arowana + oscar combo (aquarium or pond) (Adult species 80cm +) I thing u are wrong ;)
Arowana hunt in wild and jump for food every day.
I'm going to make very strong diy lid and buy new arowana....

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Bro i read many stories people waking in morning and seen arowana on flor.
My wife was scared to wake me up :irked:

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
So sry to here of your loss nothing sucks more then losing a nice fish I've been keeping aros for about 7 years now. I think the Oscars and the aros was a bad decision he had to of been super spooked to of done that and I guessing this stress played a big role over all thats a super small size for a aro that old mine normally get to be that size in about 6 months from 4 inches starting point. Tank mate's play a huge role in aros over all health I would feel comfortable leaving my canopy off for days on end if I had to because I know mine will not jump because he has no stress. I'm not going to beat you up in more about it I'm sure you feel bad enough already I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
he only had the aro 1.5 years. we dont know what size he bought him at. 22 inches seems about right at the two year mark and thats when they start to slow in growth.

you normally go from 4 inches to 22 inches in six months? so three inches per month?

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
3'' inches per month that must be joke.
I was feeding mine frozen fish and pelets. he was eating from my hand every day.
3'' per month is posible only for catfish

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
In my experience aros and Oscars are not good match this is my experience I have three aros and not one of them jumps I have a 19 inch aro right now that I got at about 4 to 5 inche on may 25 2014 so less then a year. my aros do not jump and hit the lid I can touch my big one and he wont budge. Do they jump in the wild yes for food I feed them massivore pellets witch sink and they go right to the bottom to get them. Also allot of fish can grow 3 inches a month gars arapiamas aros and even some plecos I know this to be a fact becuz I have everyone of those fish I just mentioned and if fed everyday to there hearts content they can grow very quickly tank size playes a huge role in growth. My aros in my 450g gallon tank and will grow so much faster then somebody with a 100g or even a 200g u cant convince me other wise I have living proof.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Also if u truly believe cat fish are the only species that can grow 3 inches plus a month then thats the joke my arapiama grows about 5 inches a month and when I was feeding my gator gar feeder fish he would grow about 4 inches a month u need to educate to dominate.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
And I didnt read the size of your aro he didnt look 21 inches he looked more like 14 in the pic so thats what I was basing the size on when I said 6 months

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
And when looking at your tank no wonder why he was that size the tank looks too small to even keep a Arowana my biggest is 2 ft 10 inches and only took hime 2 1/2 years to get there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store