TSN x Niger hybrid?

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Tsnxniger is infact a valid hybrid...man made of course. They hit the streets last spring pretty good and are still available. The fish u pictured is a regular rtcxtsn imo. Farm breeding allows alot of these deformed specimen to make it through. Ive owned dozens of deformed hybrids,rtc and tsn. Very commen in the trade. Spoonbill shaped snouts are ones i see alot. Ive had these cats with missing gill plates, no eyes from birth and crazy skull deformities of all sorts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Agreed with everything said. Poor fellow has a bashed in nose ,either by smashing into an aquarium wall, or more than likely a deformed face from day one. Oh well, everybody's got to be somebody!

OTp1144

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Swimmin' with the fishes
Agreed with everything said. Poor fellow has a bashed in nose ,either by smashing into an aquarium wall, or more than likely a deformed face from day one. Oh well, everybody's got to be somebody!
I thought he was adorable! Plus he's in a huge tank now with some massive RTC, payara and arapaima getting fed more than he could ever want.

Sent from my 831C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Yours is a reasonable hypothesis, Heretix but I agree with all Wednesday says, except I've only met with the words "duck bill" to describe this genetic deformity. But let it be spoonbill :)

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Yours is a reasonable hypothesis, Heretix but I agree with all Wednesday says, except I've only met with the words "duck bill" to describe this genetic deformity. But let it be spoonbill :)
ive heard/used the term "duckbill" many times also lol, same difference, nice to know were on the same page... id imagine some wild specimen exhibit the same deformities but alot fewer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store