And Finally .... FishNTheHood has gotten his 1st Monster Tank

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
I've been MIA on MFK for awhile due to adopting my son and getting out of the breeding Hybrid cichlid game. I was this close to walking out on the fish keeping at all but thanks to the facebook updates of my boy BigRob, my fire was still lit. So after selling over 20 something tanks from my failed breeding operation I was able to convince my wife to let me go big.

The 1st task was finding this monster tank and after missing out on a few tanks I was able to get a 330 Arylic (7x2.5X2.5) from AmazingFish.
mytank.jpg

My brother in law is going to build the stand(Modeled after another MFKERS DIY stand pictureded below) and my guys over at Tong's LA are putting the sump together for me, I'll probably throw an X4 in the mix as well.
stand11.jpg

My stock list will be (Juvi Sizes if possible)
1 Arowana
1 Breidohri
1 Bifasciatus
1 Fenestratus
1 Hartwegi
1 Synspilus
1 Regani
(Some sort of cleaning crew) possible Loaches

Not sure on how I plan to landscape the tank. Feel free to share your thoughts, suggestions and what i can expect from my 1st monster tank. Also who I can get these Viejas from ... lol

mytank.jpg

stand11.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Great pick up. Look forward to seeing your final setup. How about large stones in the back with another layer of gravel under and in front. Then another layer of sand. Look like a rocky beach.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
That sounds nice .... I'll have to search for a visual of that.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Congrats on the pick up!

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
Thanks KRICH

Can't wait to have this bad boy in my garage set up.

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
Thanks GreenTerror7 I was hoping to find all these fish at a small size and grow them out together. Any suggestions on a clean up crew.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store