I guess its better now then never!!!!

Quick6

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2015
Detroit, MI
What's going on MFKer's this may get long but bare with me? Even though this is my first post to the site I have been in the shadows of the forum for a very long time. A little bit about my fish keeping and MFK experience. So started visiting this site back in 2004 when I first found out about freshwater stingrays. At the time I had no fish keeping experience and just wanted to learn as much as I could about keeping stingrays. So for about two months instead of asking questions I just went through many different threads posted by different members on the site at that time. I would of joined the site at that time but from different threads I read at the time it just seemed, if you were new you would get the same answer from the top four or five members that were posting at the time. So kinda just read up on a little more information about housing stingrays, dove in and purchased three and failed horribly. They where all gone within four months. From that I just gave up.

Now Fast forward 7 years. Still had the passion inside to keep stingrays but by me not wanting to go through what I went through before, I start doing more research and going through more MFK threads. For about a year I looked up things from nitrogen cycle to how to do water changes. Then in 2012 I found me a nice used 4x3x2 tank, got a new 55g tank from petco dollar for gallon sale to build a sump, cycled tank, got parameters right and purchased a male motoro at around 4" in 2013. Eight months later purchased a female motoro at 7-8''.

Now two years later still have both rays. For the past few years I have been pulling up MFK everyday just going through threads reading everyone's success stories and horror stories trying to perfect my fish keeping.

So why now? Still not sure, but I do feel I need to thank the many members on this site, from the ones who no longer post any more, to the ones that post everyday for the success I have had so far these past few years with my fish keeping.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Welcome finally, to MFK. You probably know this is already coming but let's SEE some pics :D:thumbup:

Sent from my LG-D850 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Welcome to the ray area, Congrats on the nice looking rays, And nice looking system,

Quick6

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2015
Detroit, MI
Thanks MHDevelopments. I really appreciate that. Just purchased a 5X3X2.5 like 7 or 8 months ago but am still in the process of putting it together. The majority of my ideas and projects came from the lurking lol!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store