Is an fx5/fx6 enough to filter my 240gal wide tank?

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Depends how good the wet dry is but my answer is you can run it but depends what kind of fish are in there, your WC schedule, feeding habits. I would never do it. But i dont keep small fish and feed flake either you know (not saying it's bad or you do)?

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

trillassgator

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2013
The Crib
Depends how good the wet dry is but my answer is you can run it but depends what kind of fish are in there, your WC schedule, feeding habits. I would never do it. But i dont keep small fish and feed flake either you know (not saying it's bad or you do)?

Stock includes 5x Dats ranging from 7"-15", 3x pancakes(rays) 3x 6" bloodparrots, 2x 6-8" Scats, 1x pleco.. U think a 60gal sump would be better including the fx5/fx6?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Yes 60 gallon better for sure. I would say no to the 20 gallon personally.

trillassgator

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2013
The Crib
What kind of media and such are going in the sump? And what kind of pump are you going to be running? Whats your goal for turnover?

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Im not sure on media. Any suggestions? Would a turnover of atleast 1000gph be good? I wanna keep my water as crystal clear as i can.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I would go with more turnover than that. Ive never had stingrays but heard theyre sensitive so i would probably double that. Maybe some pot scrubbies and matrix would be good media with some plants in the sump?

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store