My new dog that I rescued

L98Z28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2013
PA
I rescued this 14 month old Great Dane about 2 months ago. He's a german black and already 150 pounds. He's doing great. Just thought I'd share him with all of you ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1424887542.619785.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Beautiful dog. Did he come from the animal shelter or just a bad situation? Love that his ears aren't cropped.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nice save.I remember years ago a neighbor had a harlequin named Shalamar...any plans of cropping those ears?

L98Z28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2013
PA
Kinda came from a bad situation. He was going to be a breeding only dog and was kept out in a kennel with very little human contact. He was very skinny when I got him and he now eats right around 16 cups of food a day. I got him on a Friday night, and I went to work Sunday afternoon (I work 2nd shift) when I came home he wouldn't let me in the house. And when I say he wouldn't let me in there was no way in hell I was forcing my way in. The wife had to come get him so I could get in. He's really taking to "pet" life well and I don't have to crate him anymore when people come over.
As for the ears no I'm gonna leave them natural. I also have a female harlequin here's a pic of them together.

Mustardtiger101

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
Canada
Beautiful dog. I don't think he is full Dane though. Looks like he has some mastiff in him.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Great looking dogs.

ktrom13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2014
massachusetts
Beautiful dog. I don't think he is full Dane though. Looks like he has some mastiff in him.

I can see why you said mastiff. Usually bad breeding can leave a dog looking "abnormal". But I've seen Danes just like him. The heads are wider than usual. Beautiful dog. Not much bigger than my bullmastiff.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store