HELP! Chip or Crack in brand new tank.

acrosstic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
rocklin
IMG_20150225_180136.jpg

I just got a lovely 30x30x30 euro-braced cube. Haven't even put water in it yet when my 3-year-old daughter spotted this. It's on the INSIDE of the glass. It doesn't go through the glass, but I can feel it on the inside. It's only about an inch from the bottom and about 5" from the corner. Is this a chip or a crack? I know generally a chip is not a big deal, but a crack is a big deal. This one is a bit hard to tell.

I don't know if I should try to make the aquarium store exchange it for the other one they have with a few light scratches/smudges on the top or what. They say all sales final, but I suppose I could contact my credit card company if they put up a fuss. Clearly not damage that could have been done in transit, right? It's on the inside and not an edge. Haven't put anything except a soft sponge in it.

I'm sort of beside myself that I didn't see this when I was checking the tank at the store, but it had fake grass (like the kind you put in an Easter basket) in it and was dusty and that made it hard. Should have asked them to clean it up first.

All advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20150225_180136.jpg

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
No real advice, I just wanna say I'm sorry to hear man, that really sucks. I think you are going to have a hard time with this unless the store has a great reputation, otherwise they'll just claim you did it.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

acrosstic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
rocklin
I don't know if they have a good reputation. Not many LFS around anymore. Pretty much only game in town of their kind.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
No real advice, I just wanna say I'm sorry to hear man, that really sucks. I think you are going to have a hard time with this unless the store has a great reputation, otherwise they'll just claim you did it.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
+1, yea sorry man. Don't put any water in it and work something out. Did you bring the tank home yourself?

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Was that part covered with a sign or something so you couldn't see it in the store?

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
If their other one does as well you might have a case for a return or replacement, I hope you do!

acrosstic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
rocklin
If their other one does as well you might have a case for a return or replacement, I hope you do!
That clearly state all sales are final. Best I can hope for is probably an exchange. If they won't do anything, I'll probably have to go through the process of disputing it with my credit card company. Big nightmare. Was hoping to set it up this weekend.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store