HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Howdy,

So, about a year ago I came across Hepsetus odoe and simply loved the fish. I read up on the online and found Bernd (HERE), and I tracked down several dozen papers in scientific journals to learn about their biology and habitats. (Yes, I'm a fish nerd). I brought home a group (HERE) and raised them. Soon, I was able to distinguish genders(HERE).

The pikes graduated into my 220 some time ago. They didn't enjoy company too much, neither wolffish nor dat nor their own species. I found a nice home for all but the largest pair. Long story short, I've got 2 pikes in a 6ft tank with nothing other than a few spotted raphaels to clean up leftover pellets. Crazy. Earlier this month they started playing with bubbles, but the bubble quickly vanished again.

I just found a new foam structure, took a few pics, and thought I'd start this new thread. Here ya go. Stay tuned...

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1428.JPG

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Good luck man, it would be too cool if they spawn

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
Cool man! :) at what size they started doing this? I have 3 odoes myself, hopefully two will pair :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Mine are about 9''.
According to field investigations, they reach sexual maturity within their first year of age, around 5.5'' (males) or 6.5'' (females).

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store