Plan to deworm my tank what do u think?

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Ok I have a crap load of gravel worms in my tank I can run my finger across any 5 inches of the sand and find 5 to ten worms so over the next month of water changes I'm going to suck up all of the sand into a bucket and get rid of all of them boil the sand and put it back what do u guys think?

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I gotta think there's a chemical out there that would make this easier.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
I all rdy told u jordy I dont over feed and it's hard to vac the sand the way it needs to be becuz I suck all of the sand out

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
Put a cray fish in there they will gobble the worms up.
Sounds like a good idea, though I'm thinking with his fish they wont last long. You could vac it all up and boil the sand, but honestly the worms have to be eating something. Why not starve the tank for a few days and see if that helps along with stirring up the sand and a large wc.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
I can't keep any loaches or cray fish they would last 1 minute and I dont want to stress out my fish by stirring everything up

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
don't go to all the trouble of boiling the sand...use some salt in the tank...fast the tank for like 3-4 days providing your stock won't kill eachother...and do some big WC's. if its an infestation of planaria worms that means they are eating something lol...you may not over feed but there is enough leftover food to sustain them.

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
I can't keep any loaches or cray fish they would last 1 minute and I dont want to stress out my fish by stirring everything up
When I say stir up I didn't meant literally stirring it. Just sifting through it, I mean that's probably a lot less stressful than removing it all and dumping it back in. I'd only do that as a last resort.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store