HELP FEMALE GREEN TERROR LAYING EGGS

Unratedaccount

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2014
Vallejo, California
So it is about 11 o'clock and I walking in on my female green terror laying eggs, she is the only green terror in the tank, and she is laying them all over the substrate and glass, what do I do if their is no male to breed with. Should I get a male or just let her do her thing?

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
You don't necessarily have to do anything. If you want to breed her, get a male. If not, she'll lay eggs which are unfertilized and they'll just get eaten.

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
If you don't want to end up with 100 babies then you shouldn't breed her. You'll have more than that in a single spawn.

Username.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Virginia, US
If u want to breed her u can sell the fry to your lfs or give them away. Either way, you are going to l
Keep hundreds of babies at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
usually have to keep the fry for 6-8 months to get them to a size where an LFS might take them.

Unratedaccount

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2014
Vallejo, California
How many times will she lay the eggs before she stops? I don't want her to keep laying eggs and she being aggressive towards other fish. Is this like showing that she is sexually mature like how humans have periods? Or is this a one time thing.

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
I rarely see females lay eggs alone in my house. I have a lot of solo female fish and that's a rare occurrence. Maybe it'll just be a one time thing. Otherwise, mature females can lay eggs as often as every 7 - 10 days. Without a male present she may never do this again, or she may only do it occasionally. What are her tankmates?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store