Setting up my 2262 ideas. Input please

Pataphysicist

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
Boynton Beach
So i have been running my 2262 for months now, am just unsure of my selection of media in it at the moment. This is how am currently running it :

- 6000G of Ceramic bio rings
- 5L of Ehfi Fix Coarse Grob
- White Blue Filter Pad
- 5L Eheim Subtrat Pro
- 2L Purigen
- White Blue Filter Pad
- 46.96 oz of Chemi Pure-Elite
- Filter Floss 100% Polyester

My water seems to be crystal clear and so far no problems, but i have notice that some of the fish do what a few ripped fins/cracked. Maybe due to the method of water changing am using. I pour water straight from the sink to the tank when i do water changes, adding a dosage of prime for 220 gallon , while the tank is being refilled with water.

Please let me know if anything is off in the way am doing things. Very expensive fish inside the tank atm, would hate to lose any.

-- 15" Golden Clown Knife
-- 15" Spotted Cuban Gar
-- 2 x 12" Ornate bichirs
-- 10" Red Tail Gourami
-- 8" Flag Tail
-- 7" Redfin Blackspot L091 Pleco

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Your filter is just fine. The tattered fins are from the fish scrapping.

Sent from my car phone

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Your filter is just fine. The tattered fins are from the fish scrapping.

Sent from my car phone
+1. You may not notice any squabble amongst the stock, but things may be more hostile when the lights goes out.

Pataphysicist

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
Boynton Beach
+1. You may not notice any squabble amongst the stock, but things may be more hostile when the lights goes out.
I mean i look at this guys for hours when i get home and i never seem to see a problem between them. The only thing i can think off is my Red tail gourami, he's a bit annoying to the others, but not crazy aggressive. He kinda just chases them off his spot with a little nip and that's that. Maybe you're right, when the lights go out, it might be a different story. Gotta keep an eye on this guy, has to be the RTG, cause my spotted gar is a sweetie, guy lets me pet him and gets fed of my hand.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Lol....petting a fish is meaningless. I pet my Fahaka puffer and he will annihilate any other fish I can put in there.

Sent from my car phone

Pataphysicist

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
Boynton Beach
So i have been running my 2262 for months now, am just unsure of my selection of media in it at the moment. This is how am currently running it :

- 6000G of Ceramic bio rings
- 5L of Ehfi Fix Coarse Grob
- White Blue Filter Pad
- 5L Eheim Subtrat Pro
- 2L Purigen
- White Blue Filter Pad
- 46.96 oz of Chemi Pure-Elite
- Filter Floss 100% Polyester

My water seems to be crystal clear and so far no problems, but i have notice that some of the fish do what a few ripped fins/cracked. Maybe due to the method of water changing am using. I pour water straight from the sink to the tank when i do water changes, adding a dosage of prime for 220 gallon , while the tank is being refilled with water.

Please let me know if anything is off in the way am doing things. Very expensive fish inside the tank atm, would hate to lose any.

-- 15" Golden Clown Knife
-- 15" Spotted Cuban Gar
-- 2 x 12" Ornate bichirs
-- 10" Red Tail Gourami
-- 8" Flag Tail
-- 7" Redfin Blackspot L091 Pleco
This media setup is costing me around $450 , I really would like a few more ideas on cost efficiency or other routes on setting up a 2262. $450... that's another 2262 filter.. zzzz

Pataphysicist

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
Boynton Beach
I either continue spending a small fortune on this setup or should I add an extra canister " fx6 " for instance. plz lmk Or even a cheaper version, yet still effective application of the media

Jambarino

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2011
South Carolina
Why would you have to continue to spend a small fortune?I was under the impression you had the filter and media already?I filled my 2262 for 150 bucks or so and should never have to replace any of the media.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
scrap the filter pads, fill it with ceramic media. nothing else. why is it costing you money to run the filter? Aside from electric of course.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store