Need tips on Dats

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
I have 5 Indo dat ranging from 4-9 inches what can I do to get the swimming around. Now that the have put on some size since we got them they just lay around the tank like a school of dead fish.Been thinking about selling some to see if that would get the others out more but have no clue what ones to sell.The 4inch one runs the tank and is out in the front most of the time and so is one of the 7 inch guys the 9 inch comes out some but the other 2 seems to hide if they see ppl even with just the moon lights on.

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
No marks or torn fins on any of the dats so I don't think they are fighting.They all eat good going thru a pond of pellets every 7 weeks.

Fort Wenty

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2013
Fort Wenty
Any dither fishes? I have some silver dollars with 3 dats and it seems to help them feel comfortable swimming around the tank. They do still hide but I see them pretty often as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
Had 5 Red HEAD TAPAJOS but sold them Sunday to make room for some SD hope to get some this weekend if they don't have ick. There is a 16 inch clown knife in the tank with them so been looking for SD that have some size.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Got to get rid of any hiding spots. The small guy that swims a lot I would keep. It doesn't sound like he's people shy. I always took away the spots. I found that Indo's and NTTs in groups when small tend to want to hide. Dog like dats of mine always ended up being years old and had a lot of people contact. I have 2 dats now and each have there own tank and both aren't shy and hide at all.

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
They don't hide, just lay on their sides in the sand. The 2 that do hide, stay up in the corners of the tank. We moved the medium size dat into the 40 gallon tank, now he's stable, swimming around and trying to attack us through the glass

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Them laying on their sides is them trying to hide. The ones in the corners could be staying away from the other dats in fear of attacks or they are trying to hide aswell if the corners are dark.. The small dat is your best bet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store