Wolf update

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
A few were curious how the wolves here were doing. I will get some fresh pics once some of the ray fiasco calms down a bit, but until then here's some recent pics of the 3 in the big tank. Amapa Aimara, Lower Xingu Lacerdae, and a Red Lacerdae/Iguaza. All 3 seem to get along fine....

IMG_3307.JPG

IMG_3312.JPG

IMG_3609.JPG

IMG_3651.JPG

IMG_3664.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

IMG_3881.JPG

IMG_4286.JPG

IMG_3278.JPG

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
[YT]gv_Xaqn8vww[/YT]

So the big tank is covered with algae. ALL the toothy fish in this tank hate it being clean, so I thought I'd try getting a go pro vid. As you can see at the end the Aimara didn't appreciate it. I really thought as hard as that thing hit the camera that it was going to break the mount. That guy really doesn't appreciate visitors under his log.

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
When I try to play the video it says it is private.

Do you have any problem keeping the Wolf fish with the rays?

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Nice!

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
When I try to play the video it says it is private.

Do you have any problem keeping the Wolf fish with the rays?
Not sure why it would say private? Just checked and setting is public?

NO. Have never had any issues with wolves and rays. These are not all the wolves that are housed with rays here either. I've been keeping wolves with rays for like 4+ years now, the one being here the longest with rays is the larger of the 2 Aimara.

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
It is working now. Nice video! You are making it even harder for me to decide on the stock for my next tank though!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
[YT]gv_Xaqn8vww[/YT]

So the big tank is covered with algae. ALL the toothy fish in this tank hate it being clean, so I thought I'd try getting a go pro vid. As you can see at the end the Aimara didn't appreciate it. I really thought as hard as that thing hit the camera that it was going to break the mount. That guy really doesn't appreciate visitors under his log.
Is that Aimara the dominant one of the wolves in the aquarium? Very nice up and personal video btw :), surprised the SD has not been attacked.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Is that Aimara the dominant one of the wolves in the aquarium? Very nice up and personal video btw :), surprised the SD has not been attacked.
Nope, not sure if there really is a "dominant one". I'd say there is mutual respect amongst them. The smallest (Iguaza) seems to have a case of lil man syndrome and seems to get all defensive when one of the other wolves gets close but he/she does the same when rays start playing with him. Never seen any kind of aggression amongst the wolves. The Aimara does seem a little more reclusive then the other 2 but I think it's all the hub bub going on in this tank, as when it was less populated he seemed to be out a lot more.

The silver dollar, tinfoil, and Brycon will all be moved shortly, the Armatus have already started pin cushioning them.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store