New to Monsterfishkeeping

Jauch21

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2015
Idaho
I recently finally purchased a 240 gallon tank. Currently has a FX6 and 406. Is this enough short term? I'd eventually like to get a second FX6, would two be enough?
Currently houses a 6" Oscar and 10-12" suncat

Jauch21

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2015
Idaho
I know a sump would be better, but i've heard external overflow boxes and pvc overflows aren't really reliable. I also love how quiet the fx6 is.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
:welcome: for current stock it is fine. will want to add more filtration as you stock the tank.

Jauch21

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2015
Idaho
Thanks. I recently discovered a lot of people like the sunsun filters. Is this an option or should I stick with getting another fx6. I could buy a sunsun now or hold off for the additional fx

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Two FX6's should handle an average bio load just fine, as long as you load them up with bio media.

There are some members who swear by Sunsun filters, but I would much rather get the FX6. My FX6 seems to have the best build quality of any filter I've owned. In my opinion, you get what you pay for.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Thanks. I recently discovered a lot of people like the sunsun filters. Is this an option or should I stick with getting another fx6. I could buy a sunsun now or hold off for the additional fx
With your stock, you're absolutely fine with the 2 filters you have now.

I have multiple Sunsun canisters and they work fine, but the reason I buy them is because they work and they are very inexpensive. However, if money is not a big issue and you want something more beefy, go FX or Eheim.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store