And it finally happened a.. FRT.....

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
I have wanted a Fly River Turtle for years... I have read extensively on them... heard some of the horror stories about keeping them with fish and rays...understand the terrible situation they are enduring in Indonesia... but still I was always fascinated by them. Fully aquatic... as close to a sea turtle as one can get... A couple years ago a fellow MFKer and I crossed paths and became friends. He had one and had kept it for years in mixed communities with no issues... with large stuff (rays and bass) small stuff (rainbow fish and clown loaches). Every once in a while I would ask him if he wanted to sell.. and the answer was always no... well this week he decided it was time... SO .... I am now the proud owner of a male (i believe) FRT!!! I have only had him a couple days but he is living up to all my hopes... and wanted to share... so say hello... and feel free to share any of your own experiences

Thanks

046.JPG047.JPG048.JPG044.JPG045.JPG

[YT]FHub88lcC3M&feature[/YT]

046.JPG

047.JPG

048.JPG

044.JPG

045.JPG

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Congrats on the score.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Awesome! I saw pics of him on instagram and was surprised that I hadn't seen a thread for him on mfk. I want one so bad.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Awesome! I saw pics of him on instagram and was surprised that I hadn't seen a thread for him on mfk. I want one so bad.

HAHAHA- I have no clue who is who on instagram...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store